Having suitable commercial premises at an ideal location is an investment decision which can either propel your business to new heights of success, or just doom it to the life of obscurity. To make sure that your business sees foot traffic, you need to make sure that you buy or lease the ideal place to set up your new enterprise.
Do you know the steps to leasing the property of your choice? Since a leasing contract is legally binding, it signifies that any errors on your part can prove to be problematic and may even lead to any legal actions against you. It would be hard for you to plead ignorance of any vital step in the leasing process later. That is why it is crucial for you to know how to lease a business premises in Australia in the right way.
There are seven main steps which help you lease premises as your commercial property, according to the legal acts binding in Australia. These 7 steps are,
- Carefully consider all your leasing needs
- Do research and also inspect the premises
- Obtain all forms of outlined preliminary documentation
- Opt for expert legal advice
- Know how to negotiate the property lease
- Prepare the final lease documents
- Rules about fit out projects on the premises
Every step is essential and needs to be followed as outlined, and you can also download the following detailed guide Leasing business premises – a commercial and practical guide (3rd edition).